Thursday, January 17, 2008

A week and a half in the Zone

So the zone has been going well. We are getting the hang of the blocks and putting together some easy meals and snacks. Karen and I would both agree that breakfast, lunch and snacks are pretty easy and the timing of the meals give us good energy. The problem is with dinner. Dinner at our house is usually the time where Karen puts together an incredible meal and we catch up on our day. We generally eat healthy but the size of a 4 block or 3 block meal is pretty small compared to how we used to eat. Also, haven't found great zone dinner recipes. We have found good recipes but nothing GREAT. That said, we have been really good for almost two weeks. We definitely do a night off, which helps with the monotony. We are thinking of looking at some of our favorite dinner recipes and see how we can Zonify them. I find come up with something good, i'll be sure to post it!

2 comments:

Jerry Hill said...

Hey Joel,
I often juggle my blocks and have a 5 block dinner...

Adrienne said...

Joel,
I cooked a really great chicken adn asparagus 3 block meal. It needs some more veggies added, but in general the taste is really great. I'll pass it along next tiem I'm near my recipes.