Wednesday, February 26, 2014

And 5 years later...

Dug this up during a rabbit hole of looking at some crossfit videos.  Crazy to look at the workouts and results.  Still crossfit'ing, not racing and definitely not 35 years old any more.  This year I turn 40 and will actually give the games a try.  I am probably about 75% of where I wanted my fitness to be at this point, but with two 5 year old kids, two puppies and sort of a new job, I can't complain too much. 

This is my attempt to journal my run at the Crossfit Games 2014, Masters style.  Just to kick things off, a quick recap of what I wanted to do to get ready for my assault on the Crossfit Open 2014 followed by what I actually did to get ready:

What I wanted to do:

Summer of 2013:  Get strong.  Lift heavy, put on weight and increase my max lifts
Fall of 2013:  Get my metcon in check.  Run/Bike to work.  Get in some longer runs.  Generally work on metcons.
Winter 2013/2014:  Amp up the work outs.  Zone and cut out the drinking.

What I ended up doing:

Summer 2013: Crossfit Wods 3-5 x Week.
Fall of 2013: Crossfit Wods 3-5 x Week.
Winter 2013/2014: Crossfit Wods 3-5 x Week.  Amped it up a little bit.  In February zoned a little bit and went a few days in a row without drinking.

Best laid plans...  That being said, I feel pretty damned good.  My goal is to make the top 200 so I can get into the next set of workouts.  If that happens, I'll go real hard at the qualifying workouts but I have no visions of getting into the top 20.  I really think getting into the top 200 will be a stretch but I will go for it.  I am healthy, fairly fit and just about 40.

Let's see how it goes.  That being said, I am about to close up shop to go to happy hour and my buddy Paul's 40th birthday dinner.  Not starting off well, but this isn't any different to how I have been training!!!

No comments: